Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Colorado Days 4 & 5: Rounding Out the Vacation of Meat

Since we were living it up Cabin-style, we didn't really go out to eat much. Good for the eats... not so good for having some new and awesome restaurants to review.

I never thought I'd say this but after the gift of meat AND meat and potatoes nearly every night on our trip... I think I need a break from steak. Seriously... no amount of A-1 could bring me back for at least the next week and a half. Oh, but it was so juicy....




And, meaty.

On the last couple of days of the trip, my mother-in-law and I went shopping and we made a couple trips to the Castle Rock Outlets. They have amazing deals. I got about a thousand dollars worth of clothes for a quarter of that. Bet you'll never guess what I did after shopping... yes, more meat!


This is actually Aubrey's Mediterranean Philly from the Rockyard Brewing Co. I had the french dip but you get the idea. Rockyard was good but it wasn't "oh. my. god." good. We kinda have a thing for checking out micro-breweries or drinking local brews. I should get Aubrey to make a list of his faves....hmmm....

We also went shopping in Manitou Springs. It reminded me very much of Eureka Springs in Arkansas... quaint, touristy, and with lots of local crafts and hippie-fare. I bought a dress made of handloomed cotton from Nepal. It makes me feel responsible and earthy, okay? It doesn't make me go vegetarian, though. That's just crazy talk. Afterward...yep, more steak!


Non-steak recipes to come...

No comments: